Thursday, January 26, 2006

Howie Trek




OK this was done way back as well... I'm on a vintage comic kick this week, so sue me. The two guys in this strip are actual people. Howie and Ken, they are brothers. Howie owned the first place I worked for out of high school. It was a leather product manufacturer. Leather products being bags and what not for Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It's a long and winding story, my career at this place. But anyway I used to draw these two on occasion in various crazy adventures. They were usually involved with the armadillos. So there's the connection. haha.
Anyway I had originally lettered the strip by hand... not bad but not great. I have now "remastered" it a bit and relettered it using BLAMBOT fonts. Go there now and buy many, keep Nate employed. Unlike Lucas and Speilberg I didn't tinker with anything else on the page, just the lettering.

Maybe next time I'll post some art I did for the company. trust me you'll love it. Now I have to go dig through my archives some more. TTFN.

No comments: