Sunday, May 4, 2008

Draf and Company - Old Pages

Way back in the day when I used to draw a lot more I came up with a little guy called Draf. I wrote up some stories and scenes from stories. I drew up pages but there was very little continuity between them. Below are a few of those pages. The second and third images are sequential from page to page but the others are pretty much stand alone. I have a few other pages I've scanned and will post those after I cobble them back together in photoshop. I had to scan these is two and three sections from the original pages. I re-lettered the second to last page just for fun. I would have done the others but I didn't want to deal with replicating my hatch-work. Yeah I'm lazy sometimes.


Most of Draf's race all look similar to him. Much like the Bones in Jeff Smith's epic saga or the Smurfs. Those huge tentacle beasts were a favorite of mine to draw for my sci-fi 'toons. They showed up a lot.



Here's an opening splash page with our hero rocket packing through the sky. Then quite suddenly getting blasted.


This shows his plummet after taking the shot to the rocket pack- I guess I'd figured he'd ditched it as he was falling since it's nowhere to be seen.



Apparently Draf has to smuggle a one-eyed tentacle beast out of somewhere past several hard working drones. I can't rightfully say it went off without a hitch.



A little mood setting piece I did after reading a lot of Cerebus comics. I think Draf's shuttle (P.R.O.B.E.) was destroyed and he left to drift through the blackness of space awaiting ..what fate I do not know.

No comments: